At last week’s council meeting it was agreed by all parties that the Halsey St extension option for hosting the Americas Cup was removed from consideration.
The alternative presented by council as Wynyard Basin has been animated by ARL / Virtual Eye for Emirates Team New Zealand and shows how the new concept will deliver a first class event space with minimal harbour extension.
- A centralised village spanning 700 metres across Auckland Viaduct basin and Wynyard Wharf
- Clustered team bases with public access to view the daily operations or launching and retrieving the spectacular AC75 race yachts
- A legacy Emirates Team New Zealand base and public interactive innovation space
- A centralised media and broadcast centre in the Viaduct Event Centre, where media and imagery will be distributed around the world showcasing Auckland and New Zealand at its best.
- Sprawling public space with big screen race viewing and interactive attractions to bring the race action to life.
- Bars, Restaurants and cafes spread across the event village
- A world class super yacht berthing facility in Wynyard Wharf and on Site 18 maximising economic return for the economy and marine industry.
- A established family and kids play ground in the Silo park
- A concert and performance stage and grandstand in the heart of the Wynyard Quarter to showcase New Zealand’s musical and cultural performers.
- A legacy plan including non permanent team bases that make way for waterfront public space opening up the harbour for all Auckland's to use.